Full-time jobs are posted on this website as well as being advertised in the national press. Keep your eyes peeled – we’re a great place to work.
*Foreign Rights Executive*
Company: Ivy Press
Type: Foreign Rights & Permissions
Salary Description: Competitive
The Ivy Group, illustrated book publishers based in Lewes, near Brighton, is looking for a bright, energetic, focused sales person to join its busy rights department, selling the Ivy, Ilex and Ivy Kids lists to selected European markets. Foreign language skills are a definite advantage.
- proactively selling co-editions across a range of selected European territories
- maintaining and developing relationships with a wide customer base and seeking new customers and business opportunities to maximise sales
- attending international book fairs and undertaking regular trips to relevant territories
- liaising closely with the production department and other members of the rights team to coordinate co-editions
- providing regular market feedback and monthly sales reports
Skills & experience
- co-edition sales experience for an illustrated publisher
- ability to set and achieve annual sales targets, and to find new business opportunities in established markets
- excellent organisational and interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- proactive and target-driven team player
- foreign language skills are an advantage
If you think you meet the criteria and would like to join our team, please send your CV and covering letter stating current salary details and possible start date to Francesca Cawsey (email@example.com).
The Ivy Group, 210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2NS
The Ivy Group is constantly on the look out for exceptional book designers to work on presentations and live books. If you can mix creative typography and layout, are a good problem-solver and can think editorially, we might have a job for you.
We use writers, editors, proof readers, Americanizers and indexers on a regular basis, and have a need of more good people in all categories.
We commission lots of artwork, created both digitally and traditionally. Our books are varied and so are the range of styles we use to illuminate them.
We need macworkers who are familiar with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and can get to grips with the make up of complex integrated, illustrated books through to repro level. The majority of work is done in-house at our Lewes offices, although there are also some opportunities to work out of house.
The Ivy Group occasionally need professional picture researchers to work on our non-fiction, co-edition, illustrated titles. Extensive experience of searching for images, rights clearance, fee negotiation and budget management essential, as is a creative eye and a diverse range of sources with the contacts to match. Get in touch if you wish to be considered for our roster of freelancers.
If you come under any of the categories listed, have a proven track record and would like to join the extensive Ivy Group freelance team, please send us your details. Either email us your applications or post them to:
The Ivy Group
210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex. BN7 2NS in an envelope marked ‘applications’.
If you are a designer or illustrator, please include samples of your work.
If you’re interested in writing for us, you should head over to our For Authors page.