Full-time jobs are posted on this website as well as being advertised in the national press.
Editorial Assistant (6-month temporary contract)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Editorial Assistant to join our team for six months. It goes without saying that you must be organised, motivated, and work well as part of a team. You will also need an eye for detail, a positive approach to problem solving and the ability to multitask effectively.
This is an entry-level position. However, some experience of publishing processes would be an advantage.
- Strong interest in non-fiction publishing
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Creative, with a strong visual sense and a keen eye for detail
- Good communicator with strong written skills
- Happy working in a busy office environment as part of a close-knit team
- Familiar with InDesign
- Previous experience working in publishing
- Ensuring project files are up to date on the shared server
- Liaising with in-house departments and freelance suppliers
- Sending briefs and contracts to freelance suppliers
- Sending books to authors and contributors upon publication
- General project research, including market research, as required
- Helping to create book plans
- Proofreading and taking in amendments on screen
- Helping with image research and selection, creating and updating picture logs, compiling picture credits and researching artwork references
If you are interested in the above position please email a cover letter and c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to: ‘Applications,’ Ivy Press, 210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2NS.
The closing date is 28th May 2015.
Experienced freelance children’s editors needed!
Ivy Kids is our children’s imprint. We would like to hear from visually literate, experienced freelance children’s editors, proofreaders and project managers to work on our range of creative and innovative titles.
Please email us your cv.
The Ivy Group is constantly on the look out for exceptional book designers to work on presentations and live books. If you can mix creative typography and layout, are a good problem-solver and can think editorially, we might have a job for you.
We use writers, editors, proof readers, Americanizers and indexers on a regular basis, and have a need of more good people in all categories.
We commission lots of artwork, created both digitally and traditionally. Our books are varied and so are the range of styles we use to illuminate them.
We need macworkers who are familiar with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and can get to grips with the make up of complex integrated, illustrated books through to repro level. The majority of work is done in-house at our Lewes offices, although there are also some opportunities to work out of house.
The Ivy Group occasionally need professional picture researchers to work on our non-fiction, co-edition, illustrated titles. Extensive experience of searching for images, rights clearance, fee negotiation and budget management essential, as is a creative eye and a diverse range of sources with the contacts to match. Get in touch if you wish to be considered for our roster of freelancers.
If you come under any of the categories listed, have a proven track record and would like to join the extensive Ivy Group freelance team, please send us your details. Either email us your applications or post them to:
The Ivy Group
210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex. BN7 2NS in an envelope marked ‘applications’.
If you are a designer or illustrator, please include samples of your work.
If you’re interested in writing for us, you should head over to our For Authors page.