Full-time jobs are posted on this website as well as being advertised in the national press.
Marketing & Publicity Officer
At Ivy Press, we create beautiful illustrated adult and children’s non-fiction books for discerning, curious readers, across a broad range of subject areas. Our titles maintain the highest editorial, design and production standards, and we work with publishing partners all over the world.
We are looking for a marketing and publicity officer to work alongside our Associate Publisher to drive trade and consumer awareness and sales of our books.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing trade and consumer marketing and publicity plans for key titles
- Pitching for features and review coverage including writing targeted feature ideas and press releases
- Creating and maintaining relevant trade and consumer press lists
- Maintaining and developing personal media contacts and relationships
- Utilising digital and social marketing sites to promote our books and authors
- Organising competitions and reader offers
- Establishing and maintaining good author relationships
- Arranging and promoting book launches, author signings and workshops where appropriate
- Organising and supplying showcards, posters, flyers and adverts
- Helping to produce material for trade sales conferences
- Uploading title information and images to the Ivy website, Amazon and Nielsen PubWeb
- Keeping author information and product descriptions updated
- Resolving any data feed issues
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role in book publishing
- Ability to deliver campaigns across print and online media
- Creative and resourceful approach to implementing marketing and publicity campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write accurate and engaging copy for target audience
- An eye for design and confidence to brief designers
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, InDesign and Keynote or PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
The position is full-time and will initially be based in Lewes before moving to Brighton by the end of the year.
If you think you meet the criteria, please email your CV and covering letter to Nikki.Tilbury@quarto.com or send by post to ‘Applications,’ Ivy Press, 210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2NS.
The closing date is: Monday 20th July 2015.
Experienced freelance children’s editors needed!
Ivy Kids is our children’s imprint. We would like to hear from visually literate, experienced freelance children’s editors, proofreaders and project managers to work on our range of creative and innovative titles.
Please email us your cv.
The Ivy Group is constantly on the look out for exceptional book designers to work on presentations and live books. If you can mix creative typography and layout, are a good problem-solver and can think editorially, we might have a job for you.
We use writers, editors, proof readers, Americanizers and indexers on a regular basis, and have a need of more good people in all categories.
We commission lots of artwork, created both digitally and traditionally. Our books are varied and so are the range of styles we use to illuminate them.
We need macworkers who are familiar with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and can get to grips with the make up of complex integrated, illustrated books through to repro level. The majority of work is done in-house at our Lewes offices, although there are also some opportunities to work out of house.
The Ivy Group occasionally need professional picture researchers to work on our non-fiction, co-edition, illustrated titles. Extensive experience of searching for images, rights clearance, fee negotiation and budget management essential, as is a creative eye and a diverse range of sources with the contacts to match. Get in touch if you wish to be considered for our roster of freelancers.
If you come under any of the categories listed, have a proven track record and would like to join the extensive Ivy Group freelance team, please send us your details. Either email us your applications or post them to:
The Ivy Group
210 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex. BN7 2NS in an envelope marked ‘applications’.
If you are a designer or illustrator, please include samples of your work.
If you’re interested in writing for us, you should head over to our For Authors page.